Welcome back to my blog,
I am going to write about a small(ish) update on my previous week. On Friday night I got permission from a band I am a fan of do some fan art for them and I could send it to them to get it signed or something, I was nearly allowed to join them in a live stream as well where I would chat to the band and talk about my art. The bands name is The Mysterines and the lead singer, Lia saw my message during the stream asking them how they would like fan art of them complete and she told me a drawing idea I could do. On Saturday, I went with my mam and dad and my two dogs who are called Toffee and Esme to somewhere we call Heather's Quarry. We went for a few walks around the area and went to Heather's tree and it was looking very healthy. Also a river was looking bone dry due to someone redirecting it further up. On Sunday, I stayed home and did an artist research task which was on the famous Josh Kirby. I tried to do my own version of work in his style, I used acrylic paints and coloring pencils to do this process, my bedroom carpet loved the acrylic painting part so much it now has a stain of paint.
Here are a few facts about Josh Kirby which I learnt while doing my research task:
- He takes 4-8 weeks on a single piece as he likes to take his time in the concept process and discussing his intentions with an art director or when he was doing the discworld series he would share his ideas with Terry Pratchett
- He created most his work using paints like gouache, acrylic, watercolor or oils. His favorite out of all of them as oil as it took longer to dry and that meant he had time to think about the thing he was painting
- Ever since he was a young child, he was drawn to science fiction and fantasy as he watched movies and read magazines on it
- He did a lot of the art for roleplaying games like Wizard & Warriors and Duelmasters
A question I got asked earlier was: If you found a penguin in your freezer, what would you do? Here is my answer/ theory to it:
I would probably get it out, but be extremely careful where I would place it. Most likely in a bathtub full of cold water to mimic its home climate as much as possible and make sure it has fish at hand. I will also give it the name Rico as it is the name of the stupid one in the Penguins of Madagascar and they would be pretty stupid if they found their way into my freezer. I would also go to my nearest fishmongers and try and buy as much fresh/raw cod as I can so I could feed it.
This coming week I have a few interesting things coming up, I am planning to begin commissions for my illustrations and I am going to attempt to begin a webpage where people can buy prints of my fan art or of my OCs. My test of if my prints will sell all be my fan art of the mysterines. I am also going to begin work on part 2 of the Nova and Petal show (part one is up on this site) sometime soon after a week hiatus from official decent work as I had to work on other things.I am also going to try and do more mini comics on other characters in co operation with my friend April, yet it may take a bit longer as April has her GCSEs this year and the lockdown has constrained us to video chats or messages.
I hope to see you in the next update,
Noodle Dreamer.
(my art instagram account is @doodle.noodle.27)
No comments:
Post a Comment