These are some of the jobs I have thought about considering and decided to research to help me understand them better.
1. Comic Illustration - A comic illustrator is someone who draws up comic books, most commonly they do Marvel Comics, yet some do their own stories in comics. If I went to do this job I would create my own selection of series’s on various segments on my characters, but the main one I’d focus on is Prattcheton which is the name of the town all my characters live and breathe in. Comic Illustrators vary in style, colours and concept which keeps the comic industry fresh and new. Comic Illustration can vary in job roles such as: penciler (person who does the pencil sketch), inker (person who inks it), colorer (someone who colours it) and printer. If I decided to go this path I would try and do all the jobs myself as I would love to be independent and prefer being on my own.
2. Music Illustration - A music illustrator is someone who draws out album designs/covers and posters for musicians. I have myself done a fair amount of these all ready in my spare time but not for money. My favourite person I do music Illustrations of is either Miles Kane or David Bowie. Music Illustration can vary in styles such as graphic Illustration which usually is the most common when doing posters for gigs or festivals, and traditional illustrations which usually are used on album covers or as art gallery show offs that can be sold as prints.
3. Children's book illustration - A children's book illustrator is someone who draws for children’s books. They usually have a bright, fun and playful style which has basic shapes and colours to help a child understand the world around them. This type of illustrator will also not shy away from using and experimenting with various medians such as watercolours, pastels, cutting things out and pencils as well as digital. These people also have large imaginations and know how to build a story using characters they can create within a few tests. My imagination feels it would fit this job really well and thinks if it decided to take this path it would help them understand the world much more than they do now and make the younger generation feel it’s okay to be different.
4. Fashion Illustration - A fashion illustrator is someone who draws out fashion pieces and makes a bold statement. Usually they’re found in magazines and help to show off trends and add an attraction to all ages. They draw up old or new trends and usually love to use the colour that is in trend, as well as using traditional medians like watercolour or cutout. A disadvantage to fashion illustration for me is having to put up with feminine discussions and I don’t particularly enjoy overhearing them. An advantage to this is seeing various trends and trying to help make an improvement and statement to people.
No comments:
Post a Comment