What I do when NOT doing art

  • watching old live shows (music live shows)
  • playing the guitar
  • writing short stories using my Original Characters
  • going out on walks with my best friend or dogs
  • cooking scrambled eggs in a microwave
  • Binging old comedy shows
  • Watching sci-f/fantasy films
  • Playing one of my many CDs

Monday, 8 March 2021

Job Vacancies in my area

 This post will be looking at and giving a little note about jobs I feel interested in that are available in the UK. 

1. Graphic Designer - This company called Lusso Stone would like someone qualified to create their logo and text to build up a aesthetically pleasing website for them and meet up with internal managers and discuss concepts and suggestions for the logo and gain needs of the logo, you will also estimate how long the job will take you to complete and discuss outcomes you will go with. The job will improve your social skills and confidence with large companies. One downside to this job is that they want someone who is good at typography and I don’t know how to create text asides gorey/edgy text. Another downside is meeting lots of new people and talking in front of them for meetings about designs and concepts which I can’t do properly without needing my stress reliving toy, the tangle, or stuttering. 

2. 2D Junior Artist - This company is XR games who are looking for an artist who can either illustrate backgrounds or characters or both. You must have an interest for video games, the ability to visually share your work and talk about it, love fantasy art and building up worlds and a strong imagination. The job will be a remote job over zoom or discord. This opportunity seems really good for me, however, it says it would love someone to be able to create 2D assets in photoshop but I don’t use photoshop at home. The ability to show off your fantasy and imagination  skills really appeals to me as well as I am really into using my large and scary imagination. I also have a strong interest for vintage video games 

3. Freelance Illustrator - The company you will work for is Nerdy Banana who would like someone to draw them things for their merchandise. You will have to draw various dog types and breeds and sizes as well as doing these on a day to day basis, delivering all these assets to various teams of people and discussing the concepts behind them, working really close to the social team and video team to get advertisements and promotions done and keeping up to date with social media trends and needs. You must have a strong knowledge of photo editing and illustration, can work under a tight schedule, be outgoing and social, can travel to places to do work, have out of the box thinking and strong imagination. I would take up this job, however, I am not at all a confident person and don’t like tight schedules due to my skin condition being triggered by stress, I am also very much an introvert who prefers keeping to themselves and hoping they don’t need to tell people anything unless they’re fearing for their life; also I do not like keeping up with the trends, my main influences are 80s new wave scene, I have never kept up with art trends for a few years now as I like to be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting a Self Study Series

 Hello fellow Noodlers alike, whether you’re new here or a long time reader of my very neglected blog, welcome to this new post.  I chose to...